- Oak Ridge-Knoxville Area — PDF file (199 KB) or web image (167 KB)
- City of Oak Ridge — PDF file (95 KB) or web image (110 KB)
Directions to the Y‑12 Visitor Center
All visitors to the Y‑12 National Security Complex must first check in at the Y‑12 Visitor Center, which is open from 6:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Eastern Time Monday through Thursday. The Visitor Center is located in New Hope Center, 602 Scarboro Road, at the corner of Scarboro and East Portal roads. The Visitor Center office is on the first floor of New Hope Center and accessible through the main lobby in the center of the building. Entry into the parking area is off East Portal Road.
- From McGhee Tyson Airport (29 miles) — From the airport, drive north on US129 (Alcoa/Airport Hwy; TN/SR115) toward Knoxville. In about 4 miles the highway passes over I‑140 (Pellissippi Parkway; TN/SR162), which leads west to Oak Ridge. Therefore, at the north side of the US129 overpass, take the exit to I‑140W (turn right; the exit circles back under US129 and onto I‑140W). After about 2.3 miles I‑140W passes over the Tennessee River (Fort Loudoun Lake) from Blount to Knox County; in another 8 miles, it passes over I‑40/I‑75 and thereafter continues northwest as Pellissippi Parkway (TN/SR162). Then … *
- From the South (Chattanooga, 130 miles) — After I‑75N and I‑40E join at mile marker 84, continue east (toward Knoxville). Take Exit 376 onto I‑140W (Pellissippi Parkway; TN/SR162N) northwest toward Oak Ridge. Then … *
- From the East (Asheville, 137 miles) — Take I‑40W. At the western perimeter of Knoxville, take Exit 376 onto I‑140W (Pellissippi Parkway; TN/SR162N) northwest toward Oak Ridge. Then … *
- From the West (Nashville, 170 miles) — From I‑40E take Exit 376 to I‑140 (Pellissippi Parkway; TN/SR162N) northwest toward Oak Ridge. Then … *
- From the North (Lexington, 170 miles) — From I‑75S, take I‑640W to I‑40W. Then at the western perimeter of Knoxville, take I‑40 Exit 376 to I‑140 (Pellissippi Parkway; TN/SR162N) northwest toward Oak Ridge. Then … *
* … Then at the juncture of I‑40/I‑75, I‑140 ends and the parkway continues as TN/SR162N. Y‑12 is now only 10 miles away. In less than 6 miles, it passes the exit/entrance for TN/SR62 (Oak Ridge Highway) from the right, and the road continues about 1 mile through the town of Solway, crossing over the Clinch River (Melton Hill Lake) bridge from Knox to Anderson County, where TN/SR170 (Edgemoor Road) junctions on east. When the road bends west, you will see on the right a welcome sign for the City of Oak Ridge. At this point you should immediately shift to the far right-hand lane to Bethel Valley Road — traveling west beneath an underpass and approaching an intersection with a traffic light. When you near the light, as directed by signage, turn right off Bethel Valley Road onto the intersecting Scarboro Road, which leads to the Y-12 facility 2.4 miles away. Drive on Scarboro Road past the first east-intersecting road (Commerce Park) and then look for the New Hope Center on the left.
If you have questions or would like additional information, please contact us: Y-12 Visitor Services, New Hope Center, 602 Scarboro Road, 865.574.3280 (fax: 865.574.7200).