About the Initiative
The CNS Veterans Program is an opportunity for military service members to complete a STEM degree in Tennessee or Texas while working part-time at Y-12 or Pantex. Upon completion of a degree, full-time employment opportunities are available if there was satisfactory performance during part-time employment. The program primarily matches the military service, discipline and skills of non-commissioned officers to our region’s future technical needs.
The CNS Veterans Program works with each participant’s unique situation and provides mentoring and career development opportunities.
Selected military members use their transition Permanent Change of Station benefits to relocate to the applicable area (in Tennessee or Texas). Participants are also required to:
- Manage their own academic and living expenses
- Use their GI Bill Veterans benefit for support
- Attend one of the participating accredited colleges/universities in Tennessee or Texas (as applicable)
Do you have the qualifications we need and the desire to become part of our team?
If interested in opportunities:
- at Y-12 in Tennessee, contact Mike Ellis, 865.241.8061
- at Pantex in Texas, contact Cary Langham, 865.574.9838