The CNS Veterans Program is for military members just completing their service but still on active duty who want to work in a STEM discipline. To be admitted to the program, participants must:
- have a high school diploma or equivalent,
- be departing the service with an “Honorable” discharge,
- be able to meet admission standards of the chosen institution of higher learning,
- be responsible for their own financial and logistical support, and
- provide any and all documentation needed by the Selection Committee and the participating academic institutions.
In addition, applicants are desired to have:
- recently completed their service, be still on active duty but separating soon, or serving in the National Guard or Reserve,
- good academic fundamentals in math and science or the desire to acquire them, and
- a “Secret” clearance or higher with a current security background investigation.
Applicants are selected by the STAR interview process. Additional consideration will be afforded wounded veterans, Purple Heart awardees, and significant award recipients.
- At Y-12 in Tennessee, contact Rhonda Gibbons, 865.241.7285
- At Pantex in Texas, contact Cary Langham, 865.574.9838