Expression of Interest for Hydraulic Freight Elevator
Consolidated Nuclear Security, LLC (CNS) is the integrating, managing, and operating contactor for the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Y-12 National Security Complex in Oak Ridge, TN.
The Y-12 National Security Complex is a premier manufacturing facility that is dedicated to making our nation and the world a safer place; Y-12 plays a vital role in the Department of Energy’s Nuclear Security Enterprise.
CNS needs a replacement Class C1 freight elevator.
The North American Industry Classification (NAICS) Code for this EOI is 333921. The procurement is intended to be a Small Business Set-Aside, assuming adequate small business interest is received; however, larger firms are also welcomed and encouraged to submit responses. The purpose of this EOI is to solicit interest from properly qualified small businesses that can supply and install an elevator at a fixed-price. Responses that are received will be used to evaluate candidates for possible future procurement actions, if any. Once responses to the EOI are evaluated, CNS will determine if an adequate number of qualified small businesses have shown interest. If so, a Request for Proposal (RFP) will be issued to the qualified small businesses who responded to the EOI. On the other hand, if CNS determines that there are an insufficient number of small businesses expressing interest, then the RFP will be provided to both large and small business alike.
CNS will supply specific details and requirements to qualified bidders during the solicitation to bid process, but the general requirements are as follows:
|Quantity||One (1) unit|
|Freight class||C1, Industrial truck loading; permitted to carry a forklift and load that are within the specified weight limitations|
|Doors||Front and rear; vertical rising gate (powered); 10’-0” wide|
|Motive force||In-ground hydraulic jack|
|Desired capacity (x1000 lbs.)||20|
|Number of stops||3|
|Number of openings||3 (front and back loading on the 2nd floor); front loading elsewhere|
|Speed (feet/min.)||Up to 50|
|Pit depth (feet)||Approx. 5’-6”|
|Cab size (H x W x D )||10’-0” x 10’-4” x 16’-2”|
|Doors||Front and rear, horizontal sliding, 10’-10¾” wide|
|Installation||Yes; to be performed by the elevator supplier|
|Supply voltage||3 phase, 480 VAC|
|Listing requirement||ASME 17.1-2016|
|Replace hydraulic power unit (HPU)?||Yes|
Solicitations are anticipated in the first quarter of CY2020 with design-build starting by the second quarter of CY2020.
- Expressing interest does not pre-qualify your firm to be on a bid list
- Expressing interest does not guarantee that your firm will be contacted by CNS
- CNS reserves the right to change or cancel the above requirements at any time, without incurring liability towards any interested party and/or any obligation to inform any interested party of the grounds for its actions, and
- All costs incurred in connection with the submission of this EOI are solely the responsibility of the firm that is expressing interest.
Interested firms may submit an CNS to Bryant.Bales@CNS.doe.gov with the following information:
- Business name, type, location, point of contact, years of experience.
- Company experience with other similar projects.
- Value and description of elevator installations performed over the last 2 years.
- Please submit any standard documentation that is normally provided to a prospective customer—for example: product literature, drawings, contract requirements language (i.e., terms and conditions), releases, etc.
- Indicate whether your organization has DOE Q-cleared personnel who are available to perform the installation work.
- A short statement (not to exceed ½ page) explaining why your company is best suited for this project.
Please put the phrase "Elevator: Hydraulic Freight - Expression of Interest" in the subject line of your submission email.
EOI must be submitted no later than February 21, 2020.