ES&H Policy Statement
As we work to achieve the Y‑12 mission and our vision of a modernized Y‑12 Complex, we will do so by ensuring the safety and health of every worker, the public, and the environment. Every employee, contractor, and visitor is expected to take personal responsibility for their actions.
- Environmental Policy Statement: We protect the environment, prevent pollution, comply with applicable requirements, and continually improve our environment.
- Safety and Health Policy Statement: The safety and health of our workers and the protection of public health and safety are paramount in all that we do. We maintain a safe work place, and plan and conduct our work to ensure hazard prevention and control methods are in place and effective.
In support of these policies, we are committed to:
- Integrating Environment, Safety and Health into our business processes
- Continuously improving our processes and systems
- Directly, openly, and truthfully communicating this policy and our ES&H performance
- Striving to minimize the impact of our operations on the environment in a safe, compliant, and cost-effective manner using sustainable practices
Incorporating sustainable design principles into the design and construction of facility upgrades, new facilities, and infrastructure considering life-cycle costs and savings
- Incorporating the use of engineering controls to reduce or eliminate hazards whenever possible into the design and construction of facility upgrades, new facilities, and infrastructure
- Striving to provide a clean and efficient workplace free of occupational injuries and illnesses (Target Zero)
- Fostering and maintaining a work environment of mutual respect and teamwork that encourages free and open expression of ES&H concerns