Y-12, Anderson County Chamber of Commerce kick off student manufacturing competition
OAK RIDGE, Tenn.— The Anderson County Chamber of Commerce and Consolidated Nuclear Security, LLC (CNS) kicked off the Dream it. Do it. competition last week. The competition, which is in its fourth year, pairs middle school students with area industries to create videos that tell the story of those industries. The goal of the competition is to introduce students to career pathways in manufacturing.
The four Anderson County and two Oak Ridge City Schools were paired with their industry partners at the kickoff.
- Jefferson Middle School and Eagle Bend Magma Cosma
- Clinton Middle School and Protomet
- Lake City Middle School and Aisin Automotive Casting Tennessee
- Robertsville Middle School and Techmer PM
- Norwood Middle School and SL Tennessee
- Norris Middle School and Clayton Homes
Over the next five months, these student teams will work with their industry partners to prepare videos. The videos will be posting on the Anderson County Chamber of Commerce website April 12, 2019, and the public will be invited to vote. Online voting will end on April 19, and the awards ceremony will be May 7.
Dream it. Do it. is one of many programs CNS supports to encourage the next generation of skilled manufacturing workers.