We are accredited by the National Institute of Standards and Technology National Voluntary Laboratory Accreditation Program (NVLAP Lab Code: 105000-0) in 14 measurement disciplines. View the scope.
Our capabilities include the following.
Complex Geometric Measurements
As the sole supplier of NVLAP-accredited (NVLAP Lab Code: 105000-0) gear metrology services, Oak Ridge’s Center for Complex Geometric Measurements provides NIST-traceable calibrations with a quantified statement of uncertainty of less than 36 millionths of an inch (0.9 micron).
- Gear artifacts — involute, helix, index, flank, pin, and master gears
- High precision and affordable services, with a six-week turnaround time
- Complex three-dimensional geometric measurements performed in the work volume of a CMM with a quantified statement of uncertainty
- Diameter and roundness standards
- Gear masters
- One-dimensional length artifacts (e.g., end standards, step gages, Moore bars, Koba bars, Inora SRS bars, ball bars, and gage blocks)
- Surface texture standards
- Two-dimensional artifacts (e.g., grid plates and line scales, hole plates and ball plates)
Physical and Electrical Metrology
- Mass, with ultra-precision Class 1 calibrations from 1 milligram to 30 kilograms
ORMC provides NIST-traceable measurements in the following areas:
- Angular measurements including angle blocks, rotary tables, and autocollimators
- Direct and alternating voltage and current, radio frequency power, resistance, ratio, oscilloscopes, and phase
- Gas flow, gas analysis, moisture/humidity, and density/volume
- Hardness, force, torque, and acceleration
- Ionizing optical, optical pyrometry, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning
- Vacuum and standard leaks