Privacy Act Statement
Pursuant to 5 U.S.C. 552a(e)(3), enacted into law by Section 3 of the Privacy Act of 1974 (Public Law 93‑579), the following statement is furnished to individuals who present checks for payment to Consolidated Nuclear Security, LLC.
- Authority: 31 U.S.C. 321 and 3301; 12 CFR 205, Federal Reserve Board Regulation E; 31 CFR 210; 5 U.S.C. 552a; Public Law 108‑100.
- Purpose: A check that is presented for payment is converted into an electronic transaction when the imager reads the bank account information from the bottom of the check. The process allows funds and information to be processed in a streamlined manner. 31 CFR 210.
- Routine Usage: The converted check image will be used to process payments owed to the U.S. Department of Energy / National Nuclear Security Administration or Consolidated Nuclear Security, LLC. The image will be transmitted to a bank for processing in the Treasury’s Paper Check Conversion Over the Counter (PCC OTC) process. The original check will be destroyed no later than 14 days after the settlement date of the entry. The information obtained from the check will only be used to collect funds for payment of obligations due from the submitter of the check.
- Mandatory or Voluntary Use: Furnishing check information is voluntary; however, a decision not to do so may require you to make payment by some other method.
- System Manager and Address: Kevin S. Bryant, Manager of Accounts Payable Travel and Treasury Services, Consolidated Nuclear Security, LLC, P.O. Box 2009, MS 8264, Oak Ridge, TN 37831.